RAINBOW RYDERS BLOG
What to Expect on Your Hot Air Balloon Ride
Have an upcoming flight with the Rainbow Ryders team? Want to know what to expect? Not sure of what to wear? We have answers to all of your questions!
What to expect on our hot air balloon rides:
Upon arrival and check-in you will be asked to fill out paperwork while we wait to leave for our launch site.
- During the inflation process, if you would like to join in on the fun, you may help our crew set up and take down the balloon!
- Our flights range from 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on winds and landing sites, but the whole experience will take about 4 hours.
- We CAN NOT fly anyone who is pregnant or under the age of 5 years old. We also do not allow walkers, wheelchairs, or oxygen tanks on the flight due to safety reasons.
- After the flight, we will enjoy a celebratory toast, eat some light snacks, and you will be presented with a flight certificate.
*Gratuity is not included in the price of the flight. While it is not expected, gratuity is always appreciated. A suggested amount would be 10%-20% the cost of your flight.
What to wear for your ride with us:
- Dress comfortably for the current weather conditions on the ground.
- In Albuquerque at this time of year, we recommend dressing quite warm as the temperature outside is quite chilly.
- In Phoenix, we recommend dressing in layers as it is chilly in the mornings, but warms up later on in the day. It’s also a good idea to again prepare with layers for the evenings as it cools down as the afternoon sun sets.
- Layers are always best (sweaters, jackets, light coats, long sleeve shirts, etc.)
- Closed toe shoes
- Hats (especially if over 6 feet tall as you are closer to our burners)
- A camera (your flight team will be glad to take photos of you!)
- A small bag on board is allowed to carry small items like a camera, water bottle, etc.
- Larger bags may be left on our Rainbow Ryders vans.
Forgot something at home? No worries! We have merchandise for purchase at both our Albuquerque and Phoenix offices!